VACAY GUIDES : TRAIN TO BUSAN!

Monday, October 10, 2016

Hello guys! Have you watched the recent popular South Korea movie, TRAIN TO BUSAN? That movie reminded me on my amazing trip to Busan earlier this year and yes I went there by train or KTX! On this post, I will give you information about KTX and ITX.  KTX or Korea Train Express is operated by Korail. It is a high speed train system at South Korea. There are 4 lines that KTX facilitates, Gyeongbu Line, Honam Line, Gyeongjeon Line, and Jeolla Line. My destination is Busan so I will take the Gyeongbu Line KTX. Below here is the Gyeongbu Rail Line :

Source: http://info.korail.com

Incheon International Airport KTX Station

At my last trip to South Korea, I had a chance to visit Busan. You can check my Busan story here (NationalMaritime Museum, Gamcheon Cultural Village, and 12 Foods to Eat at Busan). I decided to go to Busan by KTX because it saves time. Actually, there is also public bus that will take you to Busan. It is cheaper but takes more time. So, how I, an international tourist, buy KTX ticket? Here I will tell you how. 

I booked my KTX ticket from letskorail.com. Actually you can directly buy the ticket there, however booking it from the website is better. It will save time and there is a possibility that you will run out of tickets when you directly buy in the station locket. Here are the steps for booking KTX ticket:


1. When you open the website, this is the first look. It all in Korea Languages but don’t worry. There is a language setting at the top right, click it and change to English language.




2. After it changes to English language, here is the display on your screen. For KTX ticket booking, choose the RAIL TICKETS tab on the top left.


3. When you click the RAIL TICKETS tab, a form will be open in your screen.


For Travel Categories, please select Normal Train and Direct Travel Type. On Departure Time, just type your date when you want to visit Busan. However, remember that you only can check the train schedule and purchase it up to 1 month in advance. For departure you can choose either Incheon Airport or Seoul. On my trip, I started from Incheon International Airport Station and arrival at Busan. On Train tab, please select KTX. For Passengers, just fill according how many people that will take KTX. Last, click Inquiry to continue the booking process and check the price and schedules. 

4. After you click on the Inquiry Button, the KTX schedule will be seen at your screen. Choose the schedule that fit your trip’s time. To check the fare, click on the button at the last column.


When you click the fare button, this will go up at your screen. There are fares for 1st class, Standard class, and standing/not assigned. The fare for adult and children are also different.


If you already know what class that you choose, just click the close button below. 

5. Back to the KTX’s schedule page, now click the class button that you choose. 


After you choose the class and time that you want, the Booking Online form will show up at your screen. Fill out your first and last name, gender, passport number, nationality, and e-mail. Don’t forget to check the terms and conditions and privacy policy. After that, click the next button below.


6. The next page will be about your payment process. The payment method is by your credit card. When you completed the payment process, they will give you e-ticket printouts. Print this e-ticket and exchange it later at KTX station's locket

You can check your reservation by click My Reservation button. Fill out your name, passport number, and nationality then click the inquiry button. 



The Rail, reminded me of the scene from Train to Busan movie :p


Now, that's a wrap! So are you ready to travel to Busan by train? 

Follow my IG for more updates 
@levinapangestu
or
email me here
levina.pangestu@hotmail.com

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Subscribe