INDONESIA VACAY : MIND HEALING AT MOKO HIGHLAND

Monday, October 17, 2016


There was a time when you really bored of your everyday routines. Then you need some dose of nature and greeneries instead of city life scenery. Once, me and one of my friend had a random talks about that and she said “Let’s go to Moko Highland”. And we decided to go to Moko Highland, a well-known pine trees forest at Cimenyan, Bandung. I started to have a little research about Moko Highland. It is actually an area’s name on the top of the hill at Cimenyan area. Moko Highland is located at Kampung Buntis Bongkor. This hill has an altitude of 1.500 meters above the sea level. 

That time, we were a little bit confused on how to get to Moko Highland because we both didn’t have any transportation. We had to go by public transportation and it was far from Ciumbuleuit area. Yes, we started the journey from Ciumbuleuit. Then, it is said to ride an angkot and continue going way up by ojek. First, ride an angkot until Cicaheum terminal. Then, find an ojek that will bring you up to Caringin Tilu.

Caringin Tilu is also an attraction place for tourist. It is located at Kampung Cisayur, Cimenyan, Bandung. There are many food stalls lined up, unfortunately I went there on weekdays. Many of them were closed. I decided to take a walk to Moko Highland from Caringin Tilu. So, the ojek dropped me at Caringin Tilu and asked the driver to picked me later at the same spot. The route from Caringin Tilu to Moko Highland is curvy and steep. It took me about 1,5 hours to reach Moko. However, I decided to take a walk because it is said that the scenery is amazing and it is a little bit dangerous to ride a motorcycle. You can also socialize with locals there. 





Local Farm along the Road







Star Installations at Top of the Hill


After some time, the sky was a little bit dark so I walked faster to reach Moko Highland. The “Puncak Bintang” was already seen. From its name, there was a silver star installation at the top of the hill. Arrived at Moko Highland, I bought the admission ticket for Rp 8.000. The first thing that I saw was the line of pine trees. Many people shoot their pre-wedding photos here. It was so beautiful and very enjoyable for us who bored of the city life. The pine trees forest give a kinda healing feel. Don’t forget to take photos here. There are many instagrammable spot here J At the top of the hill, there is a silver star installation that I mentioned before.

Moko and Warung Daweung Sign 


A Path between Pine Trees





Actually there are so many activities that you can do here. Photographers do their photo hunting here. Moko Highland is famous for its sunset scenery. Unfortunately, I couldn’t took a sunset photos because it was raining that time. There is also a camping ground at Moko Highland. You can enjoy your camping time with family or friends here. On weekend, many youngsters come to Moko Highland. They playing music or just hang out with friends while enjoying the city night view from above.

Another popular spot in this area is “Warung Daweung”. I decided to eat there while waiting for the rain to stop. They serve foods and drinks for people who come to Moko. What is the perfect food when the rain comes? Indomie (Indonesian brand of instant noodles) of course! Yes, me and my friend ate that delicious Indomie while enjoying the view. I recommend to bring your jacket because the temperature will go lower when its raining. I also enjoyed that moment with a cup of coffee. It was an interesting and good trip after all. So, will you come to Moko Highland? 



Follow my IG for more updates 
@levinapangestu
or
email me here
levina.pangestu@hotmail.com

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Subscribe