KOREA VACAY : WARM SPRING AT NAMI ISLAND

Monday, October 24, 2016

Nami is a name of tiny island with half moon shaped located 3,8 km from Gapyeong, Chuncheon, South Korea. The name Nami came from the original name of General Nami from Joseon Dynasty of Korea. This island then bought in 1965 by Mr. Minh Byeong Do who wants to enjoy the rest of his life with nature. In 1966, he founded Gyeongchun Tourism Development Inc. and started to develop Nami Island. Now, it attracts so many tourists from local even international people. 

I had a chance to visit Nami Island on April 2016 when spring season happened at South Korea. It is the season when the trees, flowers, and animals wake up from their long sleep in winter. Back then, Nami Island was full of blooming flowers and green reddish leaves. If you are lucky, you will found a squirrel running around.




What to do at Nami Island?

When I got off from the bus, the first thing I saw was a high tower beside the ferry wharf. That high tower is for people who want to go to Nami Island by zip wire. Actually, I really really want to try that zip wire thing but I was tight on budget back then. The price for that zip wire is 38.000 KRW included an entry ticket to Nami Island.  So yes, I’m going to get back again to South Korea and ride that zip wire.

Because I couldn’t go across by zip wire, I had to ride a ferry. They have a ferry that will take and pick you up to and from Nami Island. I will give you the ferry schedule and how to get to Nami Island later at the end of this post. Before I took off with a ferry, I had to pay the admission ticket first. The price was 8.000 KRW for international tourist. It is already included the ferry ticket. 

When I got in to Nami Island, there were daisies and other colorful flowers everywhere. Cherry blossoms are a very famous flower on spring season at South Korea. It also lasted for a week; I was a bit late that time and hoped I would find it at Nami Island. And yes! I found it, the famous cherry blossoms falling from its trees.

Daisies
Colorful Flowers
Cherry Blossoms




Under the Cherry Blossom Tree

At Nami Island, there is a vast grass field that tourists can use for picnic or some educational things. I met many kindergarten kids with their yellow sport suits had their happy picnic below the cherry blossom trees. I remembered some of them said “hey don’t take pictures” with their cute face but hehe I still took it. There were also some people playing games with their friends. Nami Island indeed provides an education and training facilities for office workers, college students, even kindergarten kids.

As you all know, Nami Island is a famous place because one of the best Korean Drama took place here. Yes, it is Winter Sonata starred Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo. They shooted it on winter season so it was all white at Nami Island. There are even their statues here. Many Korean drama lovers came to Nami Island because of this drama. There are also some other cute statue around this island. 


The Line of Trees around the Field

Kindergarten Kids went Picnic

Bae Yong Joon and Choi Ji Woo Statue



Nami Island also a popular instagram worthy photos spot. The line of trees and green reddish color of leaves is the best spot for taking a picture on spring season. Nami Island always give you a different perspectives based on the season. Spring season means blooming flowers and trees. It was warm and I really enjoy my time there. Not only that, I also took some pictures of the beautiful lake around Nami Island. There are so many beautiful spot here so you can rent a bicycle to go around this island. 




  
Line of Trees




Lake View
 

How to get to Nami Island?
Now, I will share how to get to Nami Island. This information is based on my trip. There are many other ways, you can google it. So, to get to Nami Island, you have to go to Gapyeong station first. This was my route from my accommodation nearest subway station to Nami Island:

Sinseoldong Station – Cheongnyangni Station – Gapyeong – Nami Island

First, I started from Sinseoldong Station because it was the nearest subway station from my accommodation. I had to go to Cheongnyangni Station because there was an ITX to Gapyeong. There are other stations that also provide ITX, Yongsan. You either can choose between these two stations. As I remember, the ticket price is around 4.000 - 5.000 KRW. You better book your ITX ticket first in Korail Website here

Arrived at Gapyeong, go across the station and wait in the bus terminal. There is a Gapyeong Tour Bus that will take you around Gapyeong including Nami Island. With 6.000 KRW you can go around Gapyeong. You can check the Gapyeong Bus Tour route and other information here.

When you arrive at Gapyeong Wharf, you have to take a ferry to go across. You can choose zip wire or ferry to go to Nami Island. Zip Wire will cost you 38.000 KRW and ferry will cost you 6.000 KRW. It already included the entry and the ferry ticket for back trip. Take a look of the ferry schedule here.

Address : 1 Namisum-gil, Namsan-myeon, Chuncheon, Gangwon-do, South Korea
Website : namisum.com
Open : 07.30 am - 09.45 pm



Follow my IG for more updates 
@levinapangestu
or
email me here
levina.pangestu@hotmail.com

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Subscribe