VACAY GUIDES : BELITUNG ISLAND

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Accommodation

For accommodation in Indonesia, I usually use these two websites for comparing the hotel price. The first one is Traveloka and the second one is Agoda. I think these two websites have the best hotel price for now. Actually the difference is not too high, but these days I use Traveloka Mobile more. It happens that if you have Traveloka mobile app, the price is lower than if you book it from computer or laptop. 

Traveloka Website
Agoda Website
For my last Belitung Trip, I stayed at Maxone Hotel in Tanjung Pandan City and I recommend it. The hotel was nice and clean. It also has a minimalist and modern features. The price is not so expensive but worth it. The room is big enough for two people and the bathroom is clean. All of the hotel staff also very kind and always ready to help the guests. Maxone hotel also built in a good location. It is in the center of the city and near to everywhere. 

Maxone Hotel Website

Transportation

There are only a few aviation services to visit Belitung Island, Garuda Indonesia, Sriwijaya Air, NAM Air, or Citilink. Once more, I usually use Traveloka Website to book my flight schedule. You can compare the price. For my trip last month, I chose Sriwijaya Air. Please pay attention to the information, because there are some flights that make you to transit first in Bangka Island. I recommend searching for a direct flight to Belitung Island.

At Belitung Island, as far as I saw in my last trip, there is no taxi or public transportation. So, I recommend rent a car there. It will be easier to you to go everywhere with a rent car plus the driver. For the price I will mention it later below. Belitung Island means you have to Island hopping! So you have to rent a boat too. On my trip last month, I rent a car plus a boat in the same tour agent. The service was nice. The driver also nice and really helped us to enjoy Belitung Island. Here is the contact information of the tour agent:


Visit their website www.kktourbelitung.com for more information.


Food

For food, Belitung Island is popular with their fresh seafood. There are many restaurants that serve seafood as their menu. The seafood is very delicious because it’s fresh from the sea, as Belitung is an Island. One seafood local dish that you have to try is called Gangan Laut. A fish soup dish that use pineapple for the stock. The taste is sweet and sour, a little bit like Tom Yum. Another popular local food is Mie Belitung. There is one restaurant that already serves for generations; it’s called Mie Atep, located in Tanjung Pandan City. Belitung is also popular for its coffee. Kong Djie Coffee is a very well-known coffee in here. The stores are everywhere; it is a hangout place for Belitung’s people. Notes from me, ask your driver to recommend a good place to eat because they know the best.


Gangan Laut and Fresh Seafood - 275 k
Mie Belitung Atep - 10 k
Ice Kopi O by Kong Djie - 8 k

Weather

The weather at Belitung Island is very hot because this island is located near the equator. It was scorching hot especially when you visit East Belitung. However, I prefer hot weather because you surely don’t want rain when Island hopping. Be sure to bring sunglasses, sunblock, and a hat to keep you from the sunlight.


Souvenirs


The typical souvenir from Belitung Island is fish cracker and they have many varies of it. Another souvenir that you can buy from this island is Jeruk Kunci Syrup. It kind tastes of lime juice. Every time you eat in here, you will find this fresh Ice Jeruk Kunci. This drink will help you to fight against the hot weather there. For coffee lovers, you can buy Kong Djie Coffee in a package too. For your information, the tour agent that I use in my last trip, they have souvenir store also :)







Budget Report

Here I will give you an information about how much money to spend for 5 days and 4 nights at Belitung Island so you can estimating your budget plan.

Flight Tickets (return) = Rp 1.000.000 ++
Hotel (4 nights) = Rp 800.000 ++
Car Rent per day = Rp 500.000 (include fuel and driver)
Boat Rent = Rp 500.000
Life jacket = Rp 20.000
Snorkeling Equipment = Rp 25.000
Lighthouse (Lengkuas Island) admission = Rp 5.000
SD Laskar Pelangi Admission = Rp 3.000

For car and boat rent, I use the same tour agent (KK Tour). Many places that I visit have a free admission too. You can check the full story of must visit places in Belitung Island here. If you want to experience a luxurious trip, please check the story about Arumdalu Resort here.

Follow my IG for more updates 
@levinapangestu
or
email me here
levina.pangestu@hotmail.com

You Might Also Like

0 komentar

Subscribe